We at David M. Schwarz Architects are honored to have received a slew of awards over the last few months. Congratulations to our clients, our in-house designers and all of our project team partners on jobs well done!
- In October, Sundance Square received the International Make Cities Livable (IMCL) organization’s highest recognition – the Honor Award for Excellence in Creating Public Places for Community. The award recognizes built projects that have made positive contributions to the health and happiness of the communities they serve. Principal Sean Nohelty traveled to Santa Fe, NM to receive the award at the 54th Annual IMCL Conference on the firm’s behalf.
- The bookends of the Sundance Square Plaza, The Commerce Building and The Westbrook collectively received an honorable mention from the Texas chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art’s John Staub Awards program. The John Staub Awards recognize projects within Texas and local practitioners who are committed to promoting excellence in both classical and vernacular traditions.
- Also in October, The Smith Center for the Performing Arts was recognized by the Society of American Registered Architects with a Design Excellence award in the Culture category. The award was presented during a ceremony at The New Museum in New York City and received by DMSAS President Gregory Hoss. Gregory was also the Principal-in-Charge for the design and construction of The Smith Center.
- Closer to home, our Downtown Crown project – the retail core component of the larger Crown Farm development – was recognized by the Montgomery County Planning Board with a Design Excellence Citation for Open Spaces. The jury noted their particular enthusiasm for the quality of the elevations and the details included therein. Principal Michael Swartz, who led the design team for the Downtown Crown project, accepted the award on the firm’s behalf at an event held by the MC Planning Board on October 19th.
- Final, we were honored to have two projects recognized by the Architectural Precast Association. Our recently completed 13|U Apartment building received a Residential Design award, while the Sundance East Comedy Club renovation was recognized in the Entertainment & Hospitality category.