The 8,500 SF Southlake Del Frisco’s restaurant in the latest building open in the 135-acre Southlake Town Square. The building’s design reflects a thoughtful response to the evolving requirements of the developer and the tenant. Initial design studies were based upon a building massing and style that related strongly to the traditional, Main Street architectural styles that define Town Square’s first phase. The tenant’s requirements for a partial 2nd floor dining room & bar, an upstairs outdoor seating terrace, and a host of other specifications related to food preparation and support spaces helped to generate the final design’s asymmetrical massing. In turn, we adapted an aesthetic for the building that references the late 1930’s Moderne style. This choice was in keeping with the designs of our other buildings, further from Main Street, that take their cues from mid-to-late-20th Century architectural precedents.
The design of Southlake Del Frisco’s is composed of strong horizontals and verticals. A warm-toned, Norman-size iron-spot brick with accent bands of black iron-spots and cast stone, in combination with long expanses of horizontally subdivided glazing, establish the major façade planes. A series of brick fin walls of varying size modulate each façade and create vertical counterpoints. The largest fin-wall anchor’s the tenant’s sizeable blade sign, integrating into the architecture. The building’s siting on the busy corner of Southlake Boulevard and N. Carroll Avenue establishes a new, important presence for Town Square at a major intersection that was previously marked by a storm water detention pond and surface parking lot. As well, the location and design of the building lends a strong identify for Del Frisco’s, which has helped the restaurateur to well exceed their 1st year sales projection.